考点1 up-to-date adj. 最新的;现代的(教材P80 Reading)
[知识精讲] up-to-date 相当于 the latest/newest，但up-to-date和latest指“(与时间有关)最新的，最近的”，而newest指“(新旧程度)最新的”。
Up-to-date information 最新信息
They've just got the uptodate information about the policy.
1. With the development of society, people are used to searching for the __________________(最新的) information on the Internet.
2. They wear the latest fashions with the most ________ accessories(配饰).
A. up-to-date B. out-of-date
C. up to date D. out of date
考点2 coming adj. 即将来临的(教材P80 Reading)
the coming/following/next Saturday
This coming Sunday is her birthday.
3. Emily, you're playing video games again! Study hard, or you will fail the ________ exam.
A. comes B. to come C. coming D. came
考点3 direct vt. 导演;指导(教材P81 Reading)
[知识精讲] 1. direct作动词时意为“导演;指导”。它对应的表示人的名词是director，意为“导演”。如：
Who directed that film?= Who is the director of that film?
He took a direct flight to New York.
She has never talked with Tom directly.
4. (2019·扬州邗江二模)On March 21, President Xi Jinping took the ________(直接的) flight to Rome and visited Italy.
5. — How do you find the film by that famous ________(direct)?
— I can't stand it. I guess he is out of his talent.
6. If you want to know more about the news, you can search for it on the Internet ______(direct).
考点4 wealthy adj. 富有的(教材P81 Reading)
That young man was born in a wealthy family.
Mr Wang passed on the family's wealth to his son.
7. He made a lot of money and became very ________.
A. poorB. weakC. rapidD. wealthy
8. The old man leads a simple life, although he has a lot of ________.
A. health B. Healthy C. wealthD. wealthy
考点 a number of与the number of(教材P80 Reading)
[知识精讲] 1. a number of意为“一些”，后面跟可数名词的复数形式，相当于some，可用large, small修饰。如：
A large number of women want to be teachers.
Only a small number of people have come here.
2. the number of意为“……的数目”，后接可数名词复数，但作主语时谓语动词应用单数形式，因为其真正的主语是the number，而不是后面的复数名词。如：
— How many students are there in your class?
— The number of the students in our class is fifty.
1. (2019?宿迁模拟)________ the children under 12 with infantile autism(自闭症) ________ up to 2 million now.
A. A number of;is
B. The number of; is
C. The number of; are
D. A number of; are
2. (2019·黔南三州)There are three thousand students in the school.(同义句转换)
The ________ of the students in the school ________ three thousand.
考点1 About 300，000 fans have voted online for their favourite songs, singers and music videos, and the results will be announced during the show. 大约30万歌迷已经在网上为他们最喜欢的歌曲、歌手和音乐视频投票，其结果将在节目中宣布。(教材P80 Reading)
[知识精讲] 1. vote online for sth. = vote for sth. online, 意为“为某事在网上投票”。如：
You can vote online for your favourite programme of the Spring Festival Gala.
The president will make an important announcement.
They haven't formally announced their engagement yet.
1. Every member of the club ________(投票) online for the project yesterday.
2. No public _____________(announce) was made until last week.
3. It's said the result we are interested in __________________(announce) as soon as possible.
4. — Who will win first prize in the drawing competition?
— Nobody can know the result until it ________ tomorrow morning.
A. is presented B. is voted
C. is announcedD. is sent
考点2 This one hour documentary takes a close look at the life of tigers in India. 这部长达一小时的纪录片近距离观察了印度虎的生活。(教材P81 Reading)
[知识精讲] 1. 英语中可以用复合形容词作定语，其基本结构为“基数词+连字符+单数名词”。如：
Tom did quite well in the men's 100metre race.
The three-year old girl can dress herself.
His mother is looking after a 12monthold baby.
2. take a look意为“看一看”，相当于have a look，强调看的动作。其中look为可数名词，通常用单数形式。若有看的内容作宾语时，就用take a look at sth.表示。如：
— I hear you bought a new dress. Let me take a look.
5. — Have you heard about Zhangjiajie Glass Footbridge?
— Of course. It's built over a nearly ________ canyon in the Zhangjiajie National Forest Park.
C. 300 metre deep
D. 300metres deep
6. (2019?宿迁)Wu Dajing, a ________ Chinese skater, set a new world record at the Short Track World Cup last year.
B. 25 year old
D. 25 years old
7. — Can I ________ your photos, please?
— Sure, here you are.
A. have a look atB. have a look C. look for D. look after
考点3 Watching TV ads is just a waste of time. 看电视广告就是在浪费时间。(教材P88 Integrated skills)
[知识精讲] a waste of time意为“浪费时间”，其中waste是名词， waste还可以作动词，意为“浪费”。如：
I don't want to waste your time.
Playing computer games is totally a waste of time.
8. More and more people have realized that we shouldn't ________(浪费) food.
9. — A lot of water ________(waste) every day just in our houses.
— Yes, we should save water.
10. Mr Liu seldom watches TV. He thinks watching TV is ________.
A. of importance
B. in need
C. a waste of time
D. very valuable
考点1 if 引导的条件状语从句(教材P84 Grammar)
If we grow more bamboo, giant pandas will have more food.
— If you see him, give him this note.
— No problem. 没问题。
If he goes, I won't go. = I won't go if he goes.
We'll visit the Great Wall if it doesn't rain tomorrow.
I wonder if I should wear a coat or not.
He asked whether/if you received the letter.
1. — The students of Grade 9 have to take part in the P.E. test.
— Yes. ________ you want to pass it and be stronger, practice more.
A. Unless B. Until C. If D. After
2. — What did our teacher say just now?
— He asked ________.
A. whether we had any question
B. if we needed any help or not
C. what did we do
D. that we could finish homework on time
3. ________ you like the idea or not, I am going to carry it out.
A. WhetherB. May C. UnlessD. If
考点2 unless引导的条件状语从句(教材P85 Grammar)
[知识精讲] unless相当于if ...not，意为“除非，如果不”，引导条件状语从句，从句的位置可以放在主句前，也可以放在主句后，但如果放在主句前要用逗号隔开。主句常用一般将来时，从句常用一般现在时。如：
Unless you have a map, you'll get lost easily.
= You'll get lost easily unless you have a map. = If you don't have a map, you'll get lost easily. 除非你有一张地图，否则你容易迷路。
4. (2019?镇江)— Is your WeChat account(账户) safe?
— Yes, even my father can't use it ________ I tell him the password.
A. when B. unless C. while D. if
5. (2019?扬州树人中学三模)— Could you give me some advice on travelling?
— Take a map with you ________ you don't have a guide.
A. if B. unless C. althoughD. because