1. It is important for everyone to learn English well in our rapidly developing world.
同样句型包括：It is important/necessary/difficult/convenient/possible for sb. to do sth.
例句：It is necessary to shake hands when you first meet someone.
2. The harder you work at it, the more progress you will make.
②比较级+and+比较级(The world is getting smaller and smaller.)
3. If everyone makes a contribution to protecting the environment, the world will become much more beautiful.
类似的句型还有：If necessary…, they can…
4. The best way to remember new words is to practice them everyday.
5. The atmosphere in my family is fantastic.
6. The reason why people choose to live in the city is that the life is more convenient and colorful.
7. I had a great first impression of American people.
8. We have lots of confidence in our ability to solve any problem.
9. With the rapid development of modern technology, the Internet has become a necessary part of our daily life and work.
10. You should read as many books as you possibly can.
11.China is becoming more and more prosperous because of the reform and “opening up” policy.
12. We all need clean air to breathe; we all need clean water to drink; we all need green places to enjoy.
13. Let s work together to make our world a better place.
14. We should make full use of our time to do useful and productive things.
15. We should get into the good habit of using our time wisely.
16. What I really want to know is whether he will go abroad next month?
17. Television is harmful to developing minds.
18. Children usually have far more potential than their parents have realized.
19. In the past 10 years, great changes have taken place in our school.
20. People who spend more time with their families are usually healthier and happier.
21. The job was hard, which made me so tired that I almost quit half way.
例句：The job was so tired, boring and seemed endless that I almost quit half way.
The job was hard, boring and seemed endless, which made me so tired that I almost quit half way.
(Not only …but also…)、(Because…)、(because of…)、(As long as…)、(so long as…)
22. The Red Star Television Factory, which produces TV sets of quality, was set up in the 1980 s.
23. The E-reading room, where we can send e-mails to all parts of the world, is open to both teachers and students.
24. I feel I will be fit for the job needed in your company.
25. The number of workers and engineers has risen to over 2000, and 80% of them are college graduates.
26. There is an increasing tendency that students own their mobile phones on campus.
27. Now in the rural areas, there are many children out of school. I think one of reasons is that their families are too poor to afford their schooling.
28. People should pay more attention to the education of children because they will play a very significant /important part/role in the future of our country.
29. In 2008, you will see Beijing as beautiful as a garden, with cleaner water and clearer sky.
30. How nice to hear from you again.
31. Your early reply will be highly appreciated.
I m looking forward to meeting you in no time.
32. If you have any questions or requests, please let me know.
33. No matter what you do in the future, English will always be important.
34. Nothing is more important than to receive education.
35. There is no doubt that playing video game is going to be their biggest problem for students to affect study.
36. Obviously, it is high/about time that we took some effective measures to solve the problem.
I suggest the department concerned taking some effective measures to improve the present situation.
37. Since he went to senior high school, he has worked very hard.
38. We should spare no effort to beautify our environment.
39. Smoking has a great influence on our health.
40. As a proverb says, /As is well known to us, storms make trees take deeper roots.
would rather that somebody did…"宁愿……;更愿意……"(表示现在或将来的不能实现的愿望)
would rather that somebody had done…"宁愿……;更愿意……"(表示过去的不能实现的愿望)
1.I d rather you posted the letter right now. 我想让你现在去寄信。
2.I d rather you were not a celebrated actor. In that case, we could spend more time together.
3.I d rather that I hadn t seen her yesterday.
as if/though+主语+did/had done…好像……(表示与现在或将来的情况相反用过去时;表示与过去的情况相反用过去完成时)
1.Our head teacher treats us as if we were her own children, so all the students in our class think highly of her.
2.Alan talked about Rome as if he had been there.
"wish +宾语从句"，表示不大 可能实现的愿望
1.How I wish we students had more free time to relax ourselves! 我们学生多么希望有更多的自由时间放松自己!
2.I failed in the maths exam. How I wish I hadn t wasted so much time playing!
3.What a pity you can t go to the party. How I wish I could dance with you at the party!
It s high/about time that somebody did (should do) (should通常不省略) …早就该……
1.It s time that you went to school.= It s time that you should go to school.
2.It s high time that we did something to improve our environment. 该是我们为环保做些事情的时候了。
3.I think it s high time that she made up her mind. 我想她该拿定主意了。
could have done "本来可以做某事实际却没做”或“可能已经做了某事”
might have done "或许已经做了某事“
should/ought to have done "本来该做某事而实际未做”
should not/ought not to have done "本来不该做实际却做过了，含有责备语气“
needn t have done "本来不必做但是已经做过了
would rather have done "当时宁愿做了某事实际没有做过悔"之意。
as, though, although引导的让步状语从句。
1. Although/Though I m young, I already know what career I want to follow.
→Young as/though I am, I already know what career I want to follow.
2. Although/Though I respect him very much, I cannot agree with his idea.
→Much as/though I respect him, I cannot agree with his idea. 虽然我很尊重他，但是我不同意他的观点。
3. Although/Though he is a child, he knows a lot of Chinese characters.
→Child(省略冠词)as/though he is, he knows a lot of Chinese characters. 他虽然还是个孩子，却认识了许多汉字。
4. Although he tried, he couldn t solve the problem.
→Try as he might, he couldn t solve the problem. 尽管他努力了，但是他没有解决问题。
5. Although it is raining, I m going out for a walk.
→Raining as it is, I m going out for a walk. 天虽然在下雨，我还是要出去散步。
6. Strange as it may seem, nobody was injured in the accident. 这次意外虽然显得不可思议，却没有人受伤。
7. Much as I would like to help, I have a lot to do. 虽然我很想帮助你，但是我有很多事要做。
8. Object as you may, I will go. 纵使你反对，我也要去。
1.The roof had fallen before he had time to dash into the room to save his baby.
2.He had run off before I could stop him. 我还没有来得及阻止，他已经跑了。
3.To my great disappointment, my favorite singer had left the concert before I could have a word with her.
1.They had walked about fifty miles to the west before they saw a village.
2.The workers had worked day and night about three days before everything returned to normal.
3.He almost had knocked me down before he knew it.
4.We had walked a long way before we found some water.
5.Five years went by before I knew it. 不知不觉，五年过去了。
It was + 时间段+before…."过了多久才……"
It was not long before…."不久，就……"
It will (not) be +时间段+before…."要过多久(不久)……才……"(before从句谓语动词要用一般时态)
1.It was not long before he sensed the danger of the position.不久他就意识到他处境的危险。
2.It was five days before he came back. 五天后他才回来。
3.It will be half a year before you graduate from the school. 再过半年你才能毕业。
4.It will not be long before they understand each other. 他们大概不久就会互相了解。
in case of…(+n.) "以防;假使";
in case that…"以防，假使……"(谓语动词用一般现在时态或should+动词原形)
1.In case of fire, what should we do?
2.Please remind me about it in case I forget/should forget. 请提醒我，以防我忘记。
3.In case (that) John comes/should come, please tell him to wait.
4.Please take your umbrella in case (that it rains/should rain).带上雨伞，以防下雨。
强调句型基本构成：It is/was + 被强调的部分 + who(强调部分指人时)/that (强调部分可以是人也可以是事物)+ 原句剩余部分
I saw him in the street yesterday afternoon.
→It was I who saw him in the street yesterday afternoon.(强调主语)
→It was in the street that I saw him yesterday afternoon.(强调地点状语)
→It was yesterday afternoon that I saw him in the street.(强调时间状语)
→It was him that/who I saw in the street yesterday afternoon.(强调宾语)
He didn t go to bed until his mother came back.
→It was not until his mother came back that he went to bed.
(1)祈使句(表条件)+ or/or else/ otherwise + 主句
(2)祈使句(表条件)+ and +主句(表结果)
Hurry up, or you ll be late for class.
Work hard and you will make progress every day.
You are to stay until your mother comes back.
The meeting was put off until ten o clock.
The villagers didn t realize how serious the pollution was until all the fish died in the river.
→Not until all the fish died in the river did the villagers realize how serious the pollution was.
I shall go tomorrow unless it rains.
I won t attend his birthday party unless invited (=unless I am invited).
(1)主语 + was/were doing… when…"正在做某事这时……"
(2)主语 + was/were about to do…when…=主语+was/were on the point of (doing)…when…"正要去做某事这时……"
(3)主语 + had done… when… "刚刚做完某事这时..."
I was walking along the river when I heard a drowning boy cry for help.
I was about to leave when it began to rain.
I had just finished my exam paper when the bell rang, announcing the class was over.
While I admit that the problem is difficult, I don t think that they can t be solved.
I earn only 120 dollars a week, while she earns 180 dollars. 我一星期只赚120美元，她却赚180美元。
Where there is a will, there is a way. (地点状语从句)
That is the building where my father works. (定语从句)
We could see the runners very well from where we stood.(宾语从句)
What is most important in life isn t money. (主语从句)
Will you show me what you bought? (宾语从句)
Mary is no longer what she was ten years ago. (表语从句)
This is also part of your work, as I told you before. 我曾告诉过你，这也是你工作的一部分。
The man was a teacher, as was evident from his way of speaking. 从那人说话的样子可明显看出，他是个老师。
Yellowstone National Park, which is in Wyoming, is one of the most beautiful national parks in the world.
She changed her mind again, which made us all angry. 她又改变了主意，这使我们大家都生气了。
疑问词+ever (whatever, whoever, whichever, whomever,whenever, wherever,however)：既可以引导名词性从句，也可以引导让步状语从句。
We will do whatever we can to help him out. (宾语从句)
Whatever (=No matter what) may happen, we shall not lose hope.(让步状语从句)
here, there, out, in, up, down, now, then, away等副词放在句首，句子需要全部倒装
There goes the bell! = The bell is ringing. 铃响了!
Here comes the bus. =The bus is coming. 汽车来了。
Then came the hour we had been looking forward to.
表示方位的介词短语放在句首，句子完全倒装，此时谓语动词多为be, lie, stand, sit, come, walk, run, stop etc. 不及物动词。
On a hill in front of them stands a great castle.
In front of the house stopped a police car.
Under the tree sat a boy of about ten.
主要有：little, seldom, hardly, rarely, scarcely, never, not at all, by no means(决不), at no time(在任何时候都不)，nowhere, in no case (无论如何都不);not in the least (=not at all) , on no condition(决不) 等。
Never shall I forget you.
At no time was the man aware of what was happening.
Little did I understand what he said to me at that time.
Not a single mistake did he make in the exam.
only + 状语(副词/介词短语/状语从句)
Only then did I realize the importance of English.
Only in this way can you speak English well.
Only when I got to know him, did I know I had been wrong before.
not only…, but also…(前一分句倒装，后一分句不倒装)
Not only should we students study hard, we also should know how to enjoy ourselves in our spare time.
neither... nor... 既不......也不......
Neither was the price satisfactory, nor did the color agree with me.
"only + 状语"放在句首，句子半倒装
Only when the war was over did he return to work.
Only by changing the way we live will we be able to save the earth.
Only in this way can you work out the problem. 你只有用这种方法才能做出题目。
Only this way can help you work out the problem. 只有这种方法才能帮你做出题目。
so + be动词/助动词/情态动词等 + 主语 "……也……"(表示肯定意思)
In the past 20 years, our society has changed a lot, so have our eating habits.
[注意1] "so + 主语 + 助动词" 表示肯定已有的观点或事实
I promised to help him, and so I did.(我确实帮助他了)
[注意2] "主语 + 助动词 + so" 表示按照别人的要求去做。
The doctor asked Charlie to breathe deeply and he did so.
so it is with somebody = it s the same with somebody前者怎么样，后者也怎么样
John likes English but he doesn t like maths, so it is with me (so it is the same with me).
Tom is a student and he studies hard, so it is with me(so it is the same with me).
(从句)If + were/did(动词的过去式)，(主句)主语 + would/might/should/could + do(表示对现在情况的假设)
If I were you, I would not be so proud.
If I were in your position, I would think better of it.
(从句)If + had done, (主句)主语+ would/might/should/could +have done(表示对过去或已经发生事情的虚拟假设)
What a pity it is that you didn t attend the concert yesterday! If you had attended the concert, you would have seen the famous singer.
(从句)If + were/did(动词过去式)/were to do/should do，(主句)主语+ would/might/should/could + do(表示对将来的假设)
If he should refuse (= If he were to refuse=If he refused), it didn t matter at all.
在虚拟条件句中，如果出现有were, had, should，可以省去if, 把这些词放在句子前面，构成虚拟倒装句。
Should he act like that again, he would be fined.
Had the doctor come in time last night (=If the doctor had come in time last time), the boy would have been saved.
Were I to go to the moon one day, I would see it with my own eyes.
if only引起的感叹句，相当于 "How I wish + 宾语从句"，意思是"但愿……;要是……就好了"
If only he could come!
If only I hadn t been so careless in the exam!
if it were not for… (= were it not for…)
if it hadn t been for… (= had it not been for…)"要不是因为有……;如果不是……"
If it hadn t been for (= Had it not been for) the determined captain, all the passengers on board wouldn t have been saved.
If it were not for your rich parents, you couldn t live so easy a life.
"but for + 名词"和"but that +从句"，意思是"倘若不是;要不是"，接虚拟语气
But for air and water, nothing could live. (= If there were no air or water, nothing could live.)
But for the storm, we should have arrived earlier.
= (If it hadn t been for the storm, we should have arrived earlier.)
在动词insist(1坚持做某事)，order, command(2命令), advise, suggest, propose(3建议做某事)，demand, require, request, ask(4要求)等表示建议、命令、要求的名词性从句中谓语动词要用虚拟语气。
基本句型：主语+ (should) + 动词原形。
另外像decide, desire, intend, recommend等也要接(should)+动词原形结构。
Mother insists that Tom (should) go to bed at nine o clock.
That is their demand that their wages (should) be increased.
It s strange(that) … (should) do表示"竟然"
It s strange that he shouldn t pass the exam. 奇怪的是他竟然没有通过考试。